Thursday 11 September 2014

The 100% Man

The 100% Man

by Editor on 07/30/2014

He doesn’t look a day older than 30, but the dimpled charmer is actually 42. Eloquent, heartbreakingly good looking, well mannered and impeccably dressed – there’s nothing to not like about Rahul Khanna. At the recently held India Couture Week in Delhi, we quizzed Khanna on style and the secret to getting it right. All the time. Gentlemen, pay attention. Ladies – drool!

What do you keep in mind while dressing up for a party? Do you have a check list of sorts?

I pay attention to details. Make sure your shirt is ironed, your shoes are polished. I am very organized. I make sure everything is laid out on my bed before I start dressing up. Everything from my tie to my cufflinks need to be laid out, so that I can see it all and then decide what I want to pick.

Accessories we are likely to find in your wardrobe?

I don’t like watches or jewellery. I like little things like cuff links and collar pins. Nothing too gimmicky for me. I tend to like things which are vintage inspired and retro.  I feel, even things like ties should suit your personality. If someone has a gregarious personality, he would perhaps enjoy wearing a quirky printed tie. I do like bow ties and simple ties.

Casual wear to you is..

Something that should be weather appropriate, no one should be wearing sweatshirts in summer. We have such good cotton in India; so lots of cotton and light colours in the summer. In the colder months, layering makes sense.

Footwear choices?

I like lace ups, ankle boots. Open toed sandals are great for the Indian weather, mojaris and Pathani sandals for ethnic wear. I know poolsliders are the rage right now. I don’t have a pair, but if you are by the pool, they are very appropriate.

Why don’t we see you in ethnic wear very often?

I know. I would like to correct that. I do enjoy ethnic wear- a few Nehru jackets and bandhgalas.  Lot of the times, I just wear something my tailor has made for me. I like that about India. You can get things made.

Colours that make you tick.

Black, white, grey, navy blue. I am not a very colour person. The pastels (light blue, pink and yellow) are fantastic for the summer.

Grooming tips to men?

Keep it as clean as possible. Make sure you are scrubbed clean, nails are clean.

Fashionable last words?

 Be true to your personality. Not everyone is the same and therefore can’t have the same taste. I don’t think there’s such a thing as good or bad taste. People who we consider stylish are the ones who are being true to their stylistic principles and themselves. So they look good in whatever they wear.



TEXT BY PIALI DASGUPTA, FASHION EDITOR, AMAZON.IN

No comments:

Post a Comment